Menu
VMcath
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Best way to actually contact Virgin Media?

I'm sure this must have been asked loads of times! But how do I contact VM? I just want to talk to someone.

I have an error code on my upstairs Tivo box. I think the problem is that for some reason the device is no longer listed on my account, so it's something they need to fix at their end. But I go round in circles on the website and have just tried calling now but got cut off and sent a link by text . ..  back to their website again.

I could understand the reduction in human contact during the lockdowns etc but am baffled as to why they are still trying not to let us get in touch! No email, no web chat, and if you do phone they get rid of you as soon as they can. My contract is due to end shortly. I'd like to stay with them for the overall convenience but am getting fed up with their lack of responsiveness.

Any help much appreciated!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best way to actually contact Virgin Media?

What is the error code?

VM's phone number is either 150 (From a Virgin phone) or 0345 4541111 (From any other phone)

If you're choosing the fault options, then ignore all the prompts for "go online" & "get a link" and just wait without pressing anything. It often does the trick.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VMcath
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there thanks for this. Will try again - when I have time to spare 😉

The error code is 7400.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

7400 is indeed an activations error.

It's rare to happen randomly - often either an account or equipment change, or a box being offline for a prolonged period can cause this.

You can often resolve it via the automated line 0800 9539500.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi VMcath,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Tivo box and getting this provisioned from our end.

Have you managed to speak to member of the team since you last post to get this issue resolved?

Kind regards Jodi.  

0 Kudos