Menu
Angela867
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Beeping tivo and not starting up

Beeping then stuck on start up then says error then the whole process again all red lights on the box. Due to covid cant get through last phone call no answer cost me £18 webchat been on there for 2 hours and nothing and had no tv since last night not happy at all

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Beeping tivo and not starting up

Hi Angela867,

It sounds like the hard drive has failed.

Have you tried clicking on Check service status at the top of the page, you can run tests on your equipment from there which may automatically send out new equipment or book an engineer appointment?

Sorry to see your call charges. It shouldn't cost £18 calling. It's free to call VM by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline.   Calls to the 0345 454 1111  are usually classed as  part of the free included minutes landline packages and most mobile packages.

If you leave it a few days then a member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you're calling from a VM landline, 150 is a free call. If you're calling from a non-VM phone, 0345 4541111 is a landline-rate call.

You can also try 0800 5610061 (free) which should list any known faults down to street-level, although this does sound like a box fault more than an area issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Angela867
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its upto 55p a minute from a non virgin mobile so over an hour would be around £18.

Yes the status page says fault in area on tv for all4app so cant see why it wouldnt start up? 

What do i do if it is broke as i cant get through on phone, webchat, facebook or anything. Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angela867,

Did you try clicking on Run Test?  The listed fault is an area fault and not a localised one which they would be unaware off.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd tend to agree with newapollo that a beeping box is not healthy and needs replacing.

If your mobile plan charges 55p/minute for calls to landlines, then your complaint is with your mobile provider not the VM faults process.

VM Forum staff do work their way through posts on here, but it can take a few days. While call queues are frustrating, they're also a reality of dealing with many companies' CS departments these days.

0 Kudos
Angela867
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes i ubderstand all of that and that they can get busy and how is ringing vm 0345 number between 5p/55p a minute my networks problem is it my fault covid is happening and they have less staff to answer calls no? So virgin can sort that out cant they and am i just expected to have no tv for days till they see my message on here? Not really on is it!? I pay for a service i expect it to be sorted so would anyone!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that call queues are not great at the best of times, and VM does seem to be rather struggling at the moment.

But I know people who have got through to TV Faults immediately on calling, so the queues are not excess all the time.

Your previous posts were complaining about a 55p/minute call charge - like I said, 0345 numbers are landline rate calls, so you're effectively complaining that your other phone charges 55p/minute for landline calls. Do you know any friends or relations who may have different call plans that may allow you the use of their phone in exchange for a tea & biccy? (I don't know where in the country you are for Covid restrictions)

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angela867, sorry for the problems you've had with your Tivo box - and our delayed response here too.

I've taken a look into this today and get the feeling this has since been resolved. If I'm wrong, or there's anything else we can help with please let me know.

Tom 

0 Kudos