Menu
CJ_C
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Beeping on PBS America

All day there has been a regular beeping noise on the PBS America channel. It’s not on any of the other channels I’ve tried but appears regularly on PBS America when watched as ‘live’ tv or recorded. I’ve checked all the audio settings, etc & can’t figure out what is causing it. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
carolcater123
Just joined
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Beeping on PBS America

I am asking the same question and I am watching on Freesat and its roing tge same thing.. bleeping on and off but only on PBS???

newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If the same issue is occuring on Freesat and Virgin then it sounds like the originating source is at  fault and not  a specific VM error.  It's also been reported on the Sky platform since 23rd August PBS America beeping 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As far as PBS America is concerned, Virgin picks this up from the Astra satellite feed that Freesat & Sky use. So any faults on the transmission showing up on Freeview/Sky will also be present on Virgin.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all I too am having the same problem. It does seem very slowly to becoming more regular and more pronounced? From the responses we don't appear to have any clues as to how we can lose the beep? Should we/I report it to VM?

Regards,

Laurance

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Laurance wrote:

Hi all I too am having the same problem. It does seem very slowly to becoming more regular and more pronounced? From the responses we don't appear to have any clues as to how we can lose the beep? Should we/I report it to VM?

Regards,

Laurance

As it's on all platforms I'm pretty sure PBS know about it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s an encoding fault at the broadcasters end. Virgin are only putting out what they are receiving. All channels have an obligation to monitor their output, but most of the smaller ones won’t maintain their own kit & will rely on third parties to come in & fix faults when they occur.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, I've had PBS on this AM for a long enough time and thankfully no bleeps....If I get any bleeps I'll be back....

0 Kudos