Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BBC1 Schedule

Cookery programme playing instead of 'Money For Nothing' 15:45 to 16:30.  Any other disturbances on the listings front?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC1 Schedule

The BBC have made a short-notice schedule change to accommodate an extended BBC News program on coronavirus following the latest Cobra meeting and update.

It is well-known and explained why TiVo software can’t keep up with such changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Where can I access the well-known info on Tivo's software deficiency?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

"Declanworld wrote, where can I access Tivos deficiency" just do a search on here with key words
0 Kudos
advin
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

would it explain why I have 'ready steady cook' instead of 'escape to the country' now

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, short notice change by BBC to accommodate a News Special.

BBC are the worst at this and it is unnecessary as they do have a BBC News channel so no need to change BBC 1.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can Tivo (Virgin's flagship, supposed competitor to Sky Q) not be updated quicker for things in 3 or 4 days time? The BBC1 schedule for Saturday night still shows Match of The Day & FA Cup football. I might want to record/watch what will actually be on (if I knew what it was!).

Unhelpful comments like search for it for yourself not appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@eddieryan wrote:

Can Tivo (Virgin's flagship, supposed competitor to Sky Q) not be updated quicker for things in 3 or 4 days time? The BBC1 schedule for Saturday night still shows Match of The Day & FA Cup football. I might want to record/watch what will actually be on (if I knew what it was!).

Unhelpful comments like search for it for yourself not appreciated.

Firstly the issue with TiVo not updating the EPG in real-time is well documented and has been done to death in the past, I'm not going to dig that up. In short, TiVo has much more advanced logic with scheduling recordings and clash management than SkyQ, and that comes at a price. If you search the forum for "dynamic EPG" or "live EPG" that will probably yield some results.

As for the schedule not being updated for 3 or 4 days time, there's 2 things. Firstly the TiVo updates the EPG roughly every 5-6 hours so 4 times a day. But in these uncertain times, I can only imagine the amount of schedule changes & updates going on and the BBC have plenty of form for changing their schedule with <1 hours notice.

I'm sure once the terrestrial broadcasters get their weekend schedules settled over the next day or so, TiVo will be updated in plenty of time.

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The BBC is doing public service duty. They will need to change programmes due to current environment.

It is not the BBC's fault that Virgin's system in partnership with TIVO cannot keep up.

If you look at other EPGs from other providers they change when the data changes.

0 Kudos