Menu
aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer sound but no picture

Yes the problem still exists and it is a V6, occasionally Netflix gives an error that content isn't available. The box has deleted series links, starts to record late or cuts off the last 5 to 10 minutes, has failed to record or has recorded something completely different.  We are no where near the series link limit and we make sure that there are no clashes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 32 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi aomega001,

When the V6 records something else was the other show in the slot that your series linked show was set to air? When it cuts off the end of a show does it record for the full 30-60min time slot the show was in?

Does it delete the links part way through a series or does it not carry over if the timeslot is moved or it is a new series of the show you're recording?

Have you been able to check the Recording Hiccups folder to see why in some cases the box has failed to record the show?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
pburns
Joining in
Message 33 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Was fixed by Technician
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that pburns,

If you have any further issues, do feel free to come back to us

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos
aj1510
Joining in
Message 35 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I’m having exactly the same issue. On bbc iPlayer I have the sound but no video and on amazon prime I can get through all the menus but nothing will play. 

Any help much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aj1510, 

I am sorry you're having these problems and thank you for coming onto the forums to get it rectified. 

So we are aware of the amazon prime issue, this is a wide spread problem that our IT team is looking into as we speak. As for the BBC Iplayer, this is a seperate issue that might be individual to your own account. Could you tell me exactly what is happening when you go into the BBC Iplayer? 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
aj1510
Joining in
Message 37 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your email and for letting me know about amazon prime. Do you have a sense of when this will be fixed?

For BBC IPlayer, I can enter the app and can search through programmes. However, as soon as I select something to watch, the screen is black (but I can still see the progress bar etc) and have sound. I have logged out and back in. Have restarted my box and everything. Nothing works. At this point it means that only 1 out of 3 of my apps is working which is really irritating..

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 38 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, 

I'm afraid I don't have a timescale for a fix, I think the IT team did fix it temporarily but customers like yourself came back with the same issue shortly afterwards, so they're still working out the kinks. 

As for your BBC Iplayer I think it would be best if we had a look into your account to see whats going on in the background. I'll send you a private message now, just look out for a purple envelope. I'll need to ask a few security questions but after that I'll be able to help further. 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
aj1510
Joining in
Message 39 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Just to follow up, I haven’t received a private message unless I’m missing something?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi aj1510, 

I'll send another now as it seems my last one didnt go through 🙂 

Megan_L

0 Kudos