Menu
whooshv
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer sound but no picture

I have the sound but no picture issue with the BBC iPlayer and the We're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title

If I access iPlayer via the TV, not the Tivo box - it works fine

Annoying

0 Kudos
Fourier
Joining in
Message 22 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Same problem - iPlayer only, not Netflix or youtube. Sound but no picture. If I use the smart TV iPlayer app (LG), all fine. Restarting box doesn't help. And it sometimes works normally...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon,

Sorry to hear that you've been having this issue on the iPlayer via our set top box.

Has this issue since been resolved or would you like further assistance?

I'm happy to take a look at this, if you're still struggling

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jpourzand
Joining in
Message 24 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hello. 

I am am having the same problem. With both Netflix, iPlayer but also vm channels. I can hear the audio and access menus, guides and recording etc but no images are ever displayed. 

Can you help?

Jahan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jpourzand,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing visual issues with certain apps and channels and that you're keen on getting it resolved.

Are you still experiencing picture issues?

For the affected Virgin Media channels, what type of channels do you not get a picture? Ware they HD or Standard Definition?

Can you take a look at our service status checker just in case there is a known fault in your area?

Look forward to your reply,

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem we tried to watch BBC iplayer tonight with sound but no picture. Have rebooted v6 no change, unplugged TV ALL connections and power with no effect. We also have an LG TV which is only 6 months old. Come on Virgin sort this out.  It seems blatantly clear that it is the v6 rejecting the LG TVs as all posts on this topic seem to be LG models or is it just me? The V6 is constantly losing its settings and telling me that the TV can only handle 576p but when I do a scan to see what what resolutions the TV will be compatible with my 4k TV true to form the v6 detects 2160p.  This is obviously something virgin TiVo developers and LG need to bang heads over.  It may be noted that sometimes the TV fails to detect the Tivo is on I have to reboot the TiVo. This is not a problem with the TV it is the TiVo. LG TVs are not cheap Chelo or Bush types either or I would be a little more tolerant.  I am starting to loose my patience with vm as this issue has been occurring for over a year now as I can see from the beginning of this thread and still had not been rectified.  I am off to sky if it is not solved. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aomega001, 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having an issue with BBC iPlayer having no picture, this ins't good. 

I can appreciate you posted this on Sunday, can you confirm if it's still an issue now?

If so let us know and we can take a closer look. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Yes this issue persists, only last night I turned the TV on and it could not find the TIVO, rebooted tivo which takes an age and all was good. But the resolution setting in the Tivo had reverted to 576p I had to alter them to 2160p by doing a scan, which also takes an age.  It is mentioned on the LG forums that it is a handshake issue between the Tivo and the LG tv.  And still the no picture issue on BBC iplayer persists.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, and sorry to hear it's still ongoing.

Are you experiencing a loss of picture on any other channels/Apps/On Demand?

Can you confirm if it's a TiVo or V6 that you're using please?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Fourier
Joining in
Message 30 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Same BBC iPlayer problem persiste for me too. Works fine through the LG TV app itself, but very irritating that you can't access all the services through VM Tivo. 

0 Kudos