Menu
Targetshooter
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer sound but no picture

Hi,

I have already tried leaving v6 switched on overnight by stopping power save mode but when I then switched on TV(LG 55UH950) the next day I got a pink screen. To fix I just had to power off TV and v6, no reboot required. Could this be something to do with the HDCP copy protection between screen and box? I say this because one of the faults in my Sky Q box is that it will intermittently display a blue screen and tell me my TV is not compliant with HDCP. The TV is only 2 months old and I have never had this trouble with my old Tivo box or old sky box. 

0 Kudos
Steve67
Dialled in
Message 12 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I also have the hdcp screen and have to unplug the hdmi and reinsert ithe several times then it woks . I only get the hcbp screen if the v6 is rebooted....

Still no pictures on the iplayer nor a call from the engineer......
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread with this information Targetshooter,

Sorry to hear about the faults experienced. 😕

I've located your account and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit and investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cso025
Tuning in
Message 14 of 34
Flag for a moderator

V6 left switched on since engineer's visit yesterday.

Everything still working this morning except for Netflix, unable to play any title.

Haven't bothered with a reboot, will reboot when I want to watch something.

Regards to all

0 Kudos
Emmadoll83
Joining in
Message 15 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi
My TIVO box is doing this exact same thing, now and then it will play something no problem on iPlayer but most of the time there is sound but no picture. It's so frustrating!!! Only on iPlayer, everything else works fine
0 Kudos
cso025
Tuning in
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Virgin Media never did back in touch with me but the software on my V6 was updated to 20.8.1.RC6-VMB-11-C68

The V6 is no longer re-booting (fingers crossed) and the playback problems with Netflix, BBC IPlayer and the other Apps that were affected have generally been resolved. I occasionally have a problem with Netflix but this can be resolved by re-booting the V6. To be honest I normally don't bother as I have the Netflix App on my TV as well. If I don't re-boot the V6 I normally find that the Netflix App is working the next day.

I no longer leave my V6 box switched on overnight, I put it into standby as normal.

Regards to all

0 Kudos
pburns
Joining in
Message 17 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I also have this issue with IPlayer, sound but no picture. Been like this for a few weeks now, reboot doesn't do anything, been using it off my TV itself. Think I will call this into faults as they don't seem to respond to most comments on this forum.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi pburns,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with BBC iPlayer.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I've detected an issue with your upstream power levels that may be causing the issue. I'd like to send a technician to check this out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
StewartNash
Joining in
Message 19 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?  System has been providing sound but no picture for over a week now......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi StewartNash, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry you're having problems with iPlayer. Do you experience the same issue with other apps e.g Netflix, Youtube? 

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hetty_R
0 Kudos