Menu
roxeth
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Automatic reboots

My TiVO box automatically reboots (sometimes more than once in a day).  This is most annoying especially when recording as several minutes of up to three programmes is lost.  Whilst it may be possible to view a missing programme in full from Catch-up many programmes are not available on Catchup.

Would it be possible to give customers an option to

-"reboot now"

- "reboot manually when convenient"

- "configure a convenient default time (once a day) to automatically reboot if required"

This would  ensure that parts of programmes are not missed - even for night-owl customers.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Automatic reboots

Automatic updates and reboots are normally performed overnight.

If your box is rebooting multiple times during the day, there is a fault. Either a signal fault that your box is trying to manage, or a box fault. Either way, a service fault. Call TV Faults on 150 and report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mjkerr
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue and agree an option to schedule or disable updates would help 

This always seem to occur when I am watching a movie, so the update and reboot results in loss of about 20 minutes
So far this week the update has taken place at 04:00, 10:00, 16:00 and 22:00

My recordings are also regularly partial / incomplete, so once a recording has been made I need to check that is actually complete
In some cases the recording is a one-off so I have no choice but to delete it and use other methods to view what has been lost

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tivo updates are in the night and shouldn't reboot the box if you are recording, the box should take 5 minutes to reboot, if it's taking longer and doing it at random times you need to call virgin to check your box

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos