Menu
martyp
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Audio description comes on when a programme starts each time on one channel?

Hi all,

I don't get this, on Channel 4+1 (142) in the morning as soon as King of Queens comes on it's audio described and I have to go into Info and turn it off every time. Cheers will be on and it doesn't happen and other programmes I watch don't trigger it. Can you have it set to come on with specific programmes? I think it does it with Everybody Loves Raymond just after it too, not sure as yet.

0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio description comes on when a programme starts each time on one channel?

Anyone?

Every day when I watch Channel 4+1 in the morning I have to go to Info and turn audio description off, not affecting other channels it seems?

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio description comes on when a programme starts each time on one channel?

Hello,

Is Audio Description turned on? Could go onto any channel and check to ensure it is switched off.

Also if you try going into Help & Settings > Audio > Alternate Audio and make sure that English is selected.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Sugarsweet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We have the same problem every time we watch Cartoon Network+1. It does not happen on over channels.

I hope you get an answer soon.

martyp
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Spencer_A, I checked those settings and it's set correctly there.

0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sugarsweet, good to know it's not just me. I have a feeling the remote was sat on or something and it caused it to stick on that one channel somehow. 

I take it with yours you can click on Info and turn it off each time ok?

0 Kudos
Sugarsweet
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes but it gets annoying that we have to turn off audio description every time we watch Cartoon Network+1
0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Could you try a complete power down of the box? So turning it off using the switch at the back of the box, leave it for a few minutes and turn it back on, see if the Audio Description is still there?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spencer_A,

Thanks for the suggestion, I did actually pull the power out the back of the Tivo a couple of days ago and left it out for a few minutes as it froze on a black screen when I pressed the home button. The audio description is still there though. I take it that would be the same as using the switch?

0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The issue seems to have gone away now, unsure what did it... may have been associated with Channel 4 changing their morning TV schedule?

0 Kudos