cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not loading.

tiajunior
On our wavelength

I only ever use a few of the apps available & not frequently, so it's hard to say when this problem started, but it is within the past month or so. As it stands today none of the installed apps will load APART from Netflix.  It is one of the early TiVo boxes.  On demand seems fine - as least as far as the non-subs channels go.  Reboot hasn't helped.  All connections checked and fine.  Any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this to the TiVo board if that's the box you have.

Do you get any error messages when you're trying to load the apps - what happens?

And for iPlayer, have you tried loading it via a programme shortcut... find a BBC CatchUp programme in the TV Guide, choose "Watch from CatchUp".. what happens?

You've mentioned ITV/C4/C5 OnDemand being fine so I suspect I know the answer but just to be sure... the two green-lights on the front-left of your TiVo - are both solidly on or is the "heartbeat" light flashing? (this is the internet status)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo certainly has some shortcomings with streaming apps but not to this degree.

Bearing in mind you'll lose all your recordings with a box replacement anyway, I'd be minded to work through the stages of reset under Help & Settings > Clear or reset. They all have on-screen prompts for what they do, and safety keypresses.

If you have VM broadband, and use streaming services a lot, you could do a lot worse than consider a swap to a V6. There's various ways of doing this, a package renegotiation by far the most reliable.

If all the resets fail, and a V6 isn't practical for whatever reason, a call to VM Faults to arrange (most likely) a box replacement will probably be where you'll end up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this to the TiVo board if that's the box you have.

Do you get any error messages when you're trying to load the apps - what happens?

And for iPlayer, have you tried loading it via a programme shortcut... find a BBC CatchUp programme in the TV Guide, choose "Watch from CatchUp".. what happens?

You've mentioned ITV/C4/C5 OnDemand being fine so I suspect I know the answer but just to be sure... the two green-lights on the front-left of your TiVo - are both solidly on or is the "heartbeat" light flashing? (this is the internet status)

tiajunior
On our wavelength
  1. It's one of the early TiVo boxes.
  2. Main menu/Apps & games displays 13 app icons in total. Click on any one of them (except Netflix which still loads on first attempt) and the screen clears (as if it were loading a programme), then after c15 secs returns the same screen with the 13 icons.
  3. Followed your suggestion with the same result as above – the same screen returns & doesn’t load the app.
  4. Two green lights on continuously.

TBH, wasn’t aware TiVo has an internet connection.  The TV is not “smart” and the only router connection I’ve set up is for the Amazon firestick. I’ve removed all other HDMI connections to the TV other than the TiVo box and the problem is still there.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo certainly has some shortcomings with streaming apps but not to this degree.

Bearing in mind you'll lose all your recordings with a box replacement anyway, I'd be minded to work through the stages of reset under Help & Settings > Clear or reset. They all have on-screen prompts for what they do, and safety keypresses.

If you have VM broadband, and use streaming services a lot, you could do a lot worse than consider a swap to a V6. There's various ways of doing this, a package renegotiation by far the most reliable.

If all the resets fail, and a V6 isn't practical for whatever reason, a call to VM Faults to arrange (most likely) a box replacement will probably be where you'll end up.

tiajunior
On our wavelength

Thanks for this – as you say, reset existing or install new box, the consequences are the same wrt recordings.

BTW, any thoughts as to why Netflix is the only app unaffected?

TJ