Menu
J991
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

App issues

I’m having the same problems with prime and iPlayer allowing to nav thru the menus and select programs but then screen goes blank. IPlayer is playing sound but there is nothing with prime. Just changed from sky + and having these issues within the first week!! Not great and think I may regret my decision!!!!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: App issues

Hi J991,

When you have these issues can you see an onscreen error code?

It sounds like it may possibly due to the handshake on HDMI cables.

Are your cables and the HDMI port you are using compatable with HDMI2.2?

Please can you try following these instructions  virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
J991
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there are no error messages and they have both worked previously. Install was completed on Saturday and I was able to watch tv on both apps. Netflix still works. I have also noticed that once I have tried to watch a program on said apps and the black screen has appeared when I navigate back to watch live tv it is also a black screen with just sound. 
To cure this problem I have to try and load a on demand program. I have noticed on the 2 occasions that I have done this the on demand program has not played either

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

What's your video output settings ? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
J991
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No just hd 

0 Kudos