Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any virgin techies about

Any techies out there that can resolve issues. After 3+ weeks of unresolved problems I'm about to throw my tivo down the street in frustration. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Any virgin techies about

slick to your original thread you will get help there in time. It can take a few days - 1 week for staff to reply

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, but this problem has been going on for weeks now, every bleeding day, and with no numbers to ring I'm, as you can imagine, not a happy bunny.

I've worked in IT and comms including support myself so understand the crap that goes with the job but.....you know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can still call in there is just a longer wait time than normal

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What's the number please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0345 454 1111 or 150 from your vm line

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

... longer wait time than normal... NOT TRUE unless you mean overnight.

Well I was moderately impressed by VM support - until now. The service is fairly reliable I guess I get a problem maybe 2 or 3 times a year and me or one of our household are active online probably 16 hours a day so we know when it goes down.

151 takes you to an automated broadband test, that often seems to fix the problem and in the recent past (the distant past wasn't so good) when that's not done the job the help desk appeared fairly competent. For the last few days broadband and TV have been going offline several times a day. Restarting the broadband modem usually fixes the problem after a few minutes.

This evening I called 151, a recording said because I'd called about the same issue recently I'd be put through to the support desk - that seems quite smart, automatically recognizing I'd got a repeat problem so it might need escalating.

That's when it all went wrong the support desk was another recording to say due to Covid 19 the support desk had closed for the day. Now comes the F***ing stupid part, the recording suggested I check the status page go to a web page to report the problem - yes I would do BUT BROADBAND IS DOWN!

It's now a bit later and after yet another reboot things are working, on recent experience that won't be for long, anyway, status page says no problems.

Also I followed the online diagnostics up to the point where, having got here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/no-slow-connection/in-home/wired it offers a link to "my connection is intermittent" Note that I'm in a page about wired connections, that next link relates to WiFi so another dead-end.

0 Kudos