cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another pixelation problem

Taylus
On our wavelength

Problem started a few weeks ago and has got worse . Pixelation was mostly on HD channels but now on almost all to some degree . Initially had another TiVo box sent , no change . This week an engineer came added a booster , it is now worse . In the meantime I tried my V6 box from another room in place of the TiVo and no issues at all , which I explained on phone to help support . Just got off the phone again to report this ongoing issue , after being told to reset box ( you won’t believe how many times I have reset or rather repowered this box lately ) the help support seemed to have no knowledge of my ongoing  fault and took me through the normal diagnostic flow chart . Resulting in virgin now sending me another TiVo box even though I was sent a new one last week !!? I think the Tivi boxes are not up to the modern upgraded signal/ software but to get a V6 replacement they want to charge me , I already have two . Not really getting anywhere 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Taylus 

You haven't said what your contract status is, but you could try speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving us) explain how disatisfied you are and that you will take your custom elsewhere unless they can provide a free box update to the V6 for your TIVO. You might be able to negotiate a price reduction at the same time.

Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile , or 0345 454 1111, option 4 (thinking of leaving usbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've raised a few things in there, but I will pick up on one comment at the start... I'm not sure what you mean by "modern upgraded signal/ software" - the TiVo boxes are old, but perfectly serviceable.

You've certainly had a run of bad luck by the sounds, and might have been unlucky with a couple of faulty TiVo's, but... trying to get them swapped for V6 is not a bad idea on any level - you'll know how much quicker and usable they are.

Unfortunately, that's where the easy bit stops. As fault replacements go, you're only entitled to a like-for-like box - i.e. a TiVo. Many people have successfully asked for a V6 swap as part of the faults process, but it's never guaranteed. Equally many people have negotiated for a box-swap as part of a contract re-bundle, but I've no idea whether you're in a position to re-contract or am already in a minimum term.

As far as how to do this goes... fault reporting can be done either by phone or by waiting on here for forum staff to respond. The forum team on here are excellent, and often get things done when the phone-route has failed - BUT it's not real-time, and they have their limits. Unfortunately package change issues are outside their remit, too - that's where newapollo's advice to follow the retentions route, is the way to go.

I think I've covered most of your bits there....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @Taylus

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Have you managed to speak further with our customer care team? 

If not we can take a further look into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M