Menu
Philip_Ling
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All sorts of problems with TV service...

Here we go, the list of problems I have with my Tivo box....

Sound
When the box is recording three programs, often but not always, when I try and watch one of the recorded programs, there's no sound. Switch back to watching TV and random channels have no sound either, I have to restart the box which gets the sound back on recorded programs as well as the TV channels.

Freezing
Just recently when I have been watching a recorded channel, fast forward through the ads and the recording starts showing the buffering ring, then goes black, the whole thing freezes, no TV, no recordings, restart the box.

Fast forwarding
Using the small black button above the blue button on the remote to skip forward 30seconds, on non HD channels, push it 8 times (4 mins) and it skips the ads, on HD channels it goes 10 minuets into the program, which is really annoying as you get to see what happens, so you know who has done it, been fired etc before you watch the program itself.

On demand
It's impossible to watch iPlayer, ITV hub etc because I can’t watch any program without it starting to buffer at some point, then telling me that the connection to on demand services has been lost (C130 error code) I have to restart the box, and go back to on demand, which can take anything up to 10 minuets, so an hour long program can take anything up to 90 minuets to watch, this also happens if I buy a film, try and watch Netflix...

Pixilation
Even before the last set of problems with the service last week, my picture has been pixelating, during the recent problems it got so bad that you couldn't watch the TV, while I had a text saying the issues had been resolved, my picture is still pixelating, although not as bad.

I’ve called the “help” line a few times over the last 18 months or so and always get told to call back, or check the connections, or its an area fault, or restart the box, or reset the box and loose all the settings and recordings, which isn’t something I want to as I’d lose all the recordings and have to go through and set up all the series links again.

Most of these are not recent issues, the sound one has been going on for about 18 months, but comes and goes. The Fast Forwarding issue has been on the box for about a year, it’s irritating more than anything else, on demand has always been a problem, especially Netflix. And the pixelation comes and goes, but over the last couple of months has been worse.

Any suggestions, fixes would be welcome...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: All sorts of problems with TV service...

Which TiVo do you have?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Philip_Ling
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have one of the original Samsung Tivo boxes.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I think that will be part of you problem, far be it for me to tell you how to spend your money but a V6, provided you have broadband will solve the issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Philip_Ling
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, that's what I thought, I did ask customer services about a free upgrade, according to moneysavingexpert.com in January 2018, Virgin were supposed to be upgrading all existing customers to a V6 box for free (+ £35.00 activation fee I think) all they say is it'll happen - sometime, possibly!

It's just annoying that I have been with them since they began, I started with NTL TV, telephone, dial-up and a 128k modem, all I would really like is a little sense and a helpful attitude to sort out the problems, if a new box is what is needed, why don't they just say so and arrange it? If it sorts the problems out, then I'll pay the activation fee!

All I get on the upgrade page is a bigger bundle, plus V6 box for an extra £5.00 a month, plus the activation fee, and I don't want any more channels I'll never watch, I've got plenty of those already! As I'm out of contract you'd think they would do it just get me to sign a new contract!

Thanks for your thoughts

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Philip_Ling

Would you like me to have a look at the possibility of an upgrade 

I will send you a Private Message any way 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Philip_Ling

I have just sent you a Private message 

If you can let me know how things are after the new box has been installed, that would be great 

Gareth_L

Philip_Ling
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth_L
Thank you for sorting this out so quickly, I will let you know how I get on once I have the new box.

Phil

0 Kudos