Menu
David_46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Activation charge

I was thinking of upgrading my package but was put off by the one-off activation charge. Why are Virgin Media so greedy? I have been a loyal customer since the company was Diamond Cable and watched as prices have risen with very little improvement in their service. Probably time for a change to another provider methinks.

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation charge

many companies have an activation charge. as i have said many times on here before 'companies are there to make money first then provide a service'.

being a 'loyal' customer is irrelevant. companies want to make as much money out of you as possible. customers will only stay if they get the cheapest deal as possible. i'm loyal to no one. i continue to look for the best deals regardless of how long i've been with someone.
0 Kudos
David_46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can understand a company charging an activation fee if somebody was coming to your house to make adjustments, but it seems unfair when it takes someone at Virgin Media a couple of minutes on a computer. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You get charged the activation fee where there is a physical change to your services, so that fee covers the one off costs required to arrange your new kit.

If you don't need new kit e.g. you already have a V6 box and add or remove TV channels, then you don't get charge an activation fee.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
David_46
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I remember correctly, that is not what it says on the page. I was looking to upgrade my existing Tivo package and it clearly said there is a activation fee. If this is incorrect, the Virgin Media need to explain things better. As far as I know, I don't need any equipment changing.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm pretty sure current bundles that include all services require at least on V6 box.

If you don't have a V6 but only TiVo, an upgrade to a V6 is part of a bundle change.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
David_46
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Quite honestly, I don't know what box I've got. I think I'll give it a miss and stay as I am for now.

0 Kudos