I've just renegotiated my package and the nice lady said it would take effect in the next 24 hours. My V6 box is now display a 7400 error - like it has been disabled. My package is the same as before but with sky cinema removed, so I'm not sure what's going on.
I triggered the box to connect to VM and renew the subscription info, tried a reboot but still the same.
I havent really got time to sit on hold any more this morning - can a team member here ping the box with an appropate update?
Looks like I'll have to call 150 again anyway as the new contract they sent through is £10 more expensive than they said on the phone and has sky sports HD removed. Not a great customer experience today..
Bah - phoned 150, got through to the "I'm thinking of leaving" dept in ten minutes. Guy sounded disinterested in the missing sky sports HD and price discrepency and punted me to tech support, who answered after 50 minutes on call. Their solution was to tell me to wait until 4pm and reboot the box as there is a fault logged in the area.
Not good. I'm stuck now until that has cleared apparently, when presumably I'll have to spend another hour on hold to speak to anyone. Just to re-enable my box. (The tech support guy seemed to try to do that, he asked for a serial number, but for some reason it didnt work.) And thats before I try to clear up the mess with my contract.
So I didn’t call until this evening as the TV “fault” in our area reappeared on the website (this is described as an “upgrade” on 150). I know from yesterday that the tech support agent will do nothing if a fault exists in the area. First I spoke to someone to get sky sports HD added back on, this was after a relatively short 15 minute wait on hold, at least that is resolved for now (I’ll argue the toss about the price later). He then transferred me to tech support to fix the 7400 error, where I waited over an hour listening to the hold music until I was cut off, which was immensely frustrating.
I havent time to call back tonight as it’s 7:15pm and they seemingly hang you up if you talk to them after 8pm. That’s if they’ve not cut you off already whilst you wait.
I’m not sure this is ever going to get resolved at this rate, I’m starting to price up BT broadband (they do 900Mbit here after a recent upgrade) and Sky TV.