Menu
SamBai
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

7400 error code

Hi ,

I spent most of yesterday on the phone sorting out service issues and then changed our package to improve our internet access.  In the process, we now have this 7400 error code on the main TV box when I got home from work, but the additional box in my sons room is fine.

I have tried to resolve on the fault finder thing on Virgin website, but that just keeps taking me in a circle, tried the diagnostics on the TV box via help option on TV, same issue.  I have been sat waiting listening to the on hold music for 1hr 40mins as of 19:52hrs and getting nowhere.  Can anybody help as im loosing patience with this.

Kind regards

SamBai

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7400 error code

From the sounds of it, the wrong box has been deactivated somewhere along the line.

You can try using the online help at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400  if you've not already, but I suspect you will need to call in to resolve this.

Make sure you have a note of the correct box's serial numbers handy - there's a good chance that cross-checking each one will help this!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SamBai
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried your suggestion again but it takes me round in circles like it did before. I have now spoken to technical  but they transferred me to customer services as they said it isnt a technical issue Customer services have have now cut me off.  All I can think is that when they updated the package today, they only actioned my additional box and forgot about my main box.  I have had two boxes in play for 19 years now, and I confirmed that with the guy yesterday and he said that was ok.  Im now at a loss, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

SamBai

0 Kudos
SamBai
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE**

Having been on the phone 4 hours this morning going between technical and customer service, I eventually got to the bottom of it.  The person who upgraded me only upgraded my second box, not the main one.  I have been told several stories of why and told I had to pay for a second box, until a lady called Christine understood that I wasnt asking for a second box and that i already had two boxes but they hadnt updated the main box.  She then spent 30 mins trying to sort it before my landline run out of power.  I am now back on holding forcustomer services again as its still not sorted.  In all the years i have been a customer, this has got to be one of the worst situations i have experienced.  If anyone on here from Virgin can sort this, Christine in customer service said it just needs the main box re-instating.

Thanks in advance, im really at the pulling my hair out stage now.

0 Kudos