Menu
Matwithnotv
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

5 DAYS NO TV

I have been trying for 5 days unsuccessfully to try to contact someone from virgin about my TiVo box issues.

The screen on my tv reads “your dvr has detected a serious problem and now is attempting to fix it” the is on a green screen background.After researching the problem it seems the box has irreversible hard drive issues and needs to be replaced.

It is not the supply or power as I have tried a relatives box and works ok connected to my line

i do not hold out much hope for this issue to be resolved as virgins customer service so far has been abysmal, hours on hold just to be cut off, stuck in an automated text loop that resets every morning. 
next step is to stop paying the bill and get sky tv installed

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5 DAYS NO TV

@Matwithnotv wrote:

I have been trying for 5 days unsuccessfully to try to contact someone from virgin about my TiVo box issues.

The screen on my tv reads “your dvr has detected a serious problem and now is attempting to fix it” the is on a green screen background.After researching the problem it seems the box has irreversible hard drive issues and needs to be replaced.

That is correct, sadly.

@Matwithnotv wrote:

i do not hold out much hope for this issue to be resolved as virgins customer service so far has been abysmal, hours on hold just to be cut off, stuck in an automated text loop that resets every morning. 
next step is to stop paying the bill and get sky tv installed

However poor or frustrating VM's service might be, missing your regular payments will create a whole extra set of problems. VM take a dim view of missed payments, extra charges can be added as well as entries made on your credit file which can impact you for a long time to come.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos