Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

4700 on Tivo box only

I am receiving a 4709 error on my old TiVo box causing most of the channels to stop working. The main v6 box and broadband have no issues.The issue has only started since I recently had an account update.

I've switched the box off and back on and tried to reset it along with every other suggestion from the vergin media website. Still the issue remains. Virgin have run tests and cant see a fault with my service.

No support seems to be available via phone so I'm reaching out here. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be thankful. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4700 on Tivo box only

Do you mean Error 4700? Or 7400? 😉

You mention recently having had an account update, it wouldn't be the first time that the wrong box has been deactivated in error.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 this particular issue unfortunately needs a call to VM to resolve. I'd recommend having the serial numbers of each of your boxes handy, to compare notes with the faults agent and make sure the correct boxes are activated.

0800 9539500 is the usual number to call for activation issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos