Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2nd Tivo bix connection issue

Morning, very frustrated now, I am a brand new customer 3 weeks in so I've not even paid my 1st bill yet, my 2nd Tivo box constantly looses connection I have called and messaged virgin with no replies and was left on hold for 3.5 hours its mad, so can anyone give me some advise please, I've already reset both router and TV box with no success should I just cancel my whole package if I can get through to someone. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd Tivo bix connection issue

First off, do you definitely have a TiVo or is it a V6? If you're not sure - check here 

And can you elaborate on what you mean by "losing connection" - do you mean a loss of live TV channels? Problems with OnDemand? Issues with streaming between 2 boxes?

Are you getting any error messages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have 2x tivo, tivo 1 downstairs, tivo 2 upstairs. On tivo 2 I am unable to view on demand like bbc iplayer and also watch recorded TV, live TV is fine, I am unable on either box to view the recordings on each the boxs have found each other but won't view 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so there's a couple of possible issues in there.

First off, are you getting any error messages? This will give some clue as to where the problem might lie, we can then advise further.

Secondly, the VOD on TiVo 2, given the live TV is fine. TiVo's have their internet connection inbuilt down the co-ax, but on the front-left of the box there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a painted heart symbol and indicates the online/internet status. It should be solidly on, but is it?

You can check the same by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and see what is reported in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos