Menu
scottbay28
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

14 Day Cooling Off Charges for the Month

Morning Guys, 

I called Virgin yesterday to cancel my services within the 14 day cooling off period.  I was holding for nearly 30 mins and the guy who finally "dealt" with it kept putting me on hold whilst he checked "a problem" with my account ! 

Anyway, he finally said that the services would be cancelled and I would need to return the equipment. He then said, I would have to pay for a month of services! I questioned this repeatedly but he insisted it was correct!

This can't be right surely? 

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 14 Day Cooling Off Charges for the Month

As you have to give a month's notice to cancel your services then they would stop on the 13 May so you will still have to pay Virgin for this month as you pay them in advance.

0 Kudos
scottbay28
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply.

However, I am cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period, so as far as I was concerned, there would be no charges, I certainly don't have to give 30 days notice! 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As far as I am aware you still have to give 30 days notice even though you you have cancelled within the14 day cooling off period. This period gives you the chance to cancel your new services if you don't like them without incurring any early disconnection charges incurred when canceling during your contract.

0 Kudos
scottbay28
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't say anything about giving 30 days notice in the t&c's concerning the 14 day cooling off period. Surely, I shouldn't be expected to pay for a full month of services, partucularly when part of the reason for me cancelling was due to intermittent broadband failure, so I haven't even had the full use of the services in the short time I've been with them.

They also said the services will be cancelled in 7 days, which I thought was strange, why were they not stopped immediately or, if the 30 day notice is a thing, why are they not stopped in 30 days time? 

Just lots of conflicting stuff? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottybay28,

If you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period you don't have to serve a 30 notice.

Sounds like you've been mis-informed by the call handler.

Have you since cancelled the services? 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
scottbay28
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Yes, I was contacted by someone yesterday, I think from the loyalty team or retention team or the like.  She made a feeble attempt to retain my custom and confirmed I had been misinformed and that I wouldn't be charged. 

Today, I received another call from the same team. I explained someone had called me yesterday and he said "oh yes, sorry, we'll leave it at that then" 

Then bizarrely, this afternoon I have received my bill from them ........... For £133 - no idea where that figure has come from!!

Absolute cowboys who don't have a clue what they're doing!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottbay28,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Really sorry to hear of your experience this int't the customer service we aim to deliver.

Have to spoken to someone yet in regards to the bill you have received?

You can log into your online account and view your bill there in more detail  virg.in/myVM.

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
scottbay28
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

No - not received anything call wise, just the bill!! 

I've cancelled my Direct Debit - I don't see where else I can go! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apologies scottbay28, 

I appreciate this hasn't been a good experience and I have sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos