Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media 200 Vivid GAMER - any good?

Hi, I am considering upgrading my broadband to vivid 200 Gamer which offers no traffic management and 20mbps upload speeds - Does anyone on this subreddit have it and if so, would you recommend it for Twitch streaming?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media 200 Vivid GAMER - any good?

There is no traffic management on VM connections, either upload or download.  As VM's slowest connection is now 100 mbps down, 10 up, and even with Twitch your maximum needs when gaming are 5 down/5 up, why "upgrade" - to do so will offer you no gaming benefit?

And if you're with a different ISP, you may want to consider the small (but clearly measurable) latency overhead on any DOCSIS cable connection compared to Openreach. 

When VM works (and that's most of the time), it is entirely adequate for gaming, but VM isn't where I'd start looking for a gaming connection.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VIVID Gamer is long gone, it's an old package that is no longer available. The standard 200Mb service now has 20Mb upload and no traffic management (non of the current packages have traffic management).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Package you have suggested has not been around for a while as suggested by another User. However i am currently on 350mb with 35mb upload and it's perfect for gaming (For Me) no issues at all.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos