Menu
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Last of Us II - today's the day!

PlayStation fans rejoice, The Last of Us II is officially with us today. Mine arrived this morning and I'm chomping at the bit to start playing it.

Has anybody else picked it up? What are your first impressions? No spoilers please 😃

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Last of Us II - today's the day!

How has it been it for you?

I'm holding off it for now till sale. I've read some spoilers so know what happens to the characters, so not suprised by the bad response. It has been praised by critics but hated by users on metacritic.

I liked the first game a lot but thought it was slightly overrated, great story, but dying light had the better gameplay. In this part 2 a lot of people are slating the story, the violence and are disliking using other characters.

Sounds to me like devs naughty dog are trying to show both sides of extreme revenge and how it benefits nobody.
0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@350 I did really enjoy it, although many aspects made me really question my actions and there were points where I just wanted to put the controller down and fail to follow the path the game had intended. I pushed through though and I'm glad I did. I understand the frustrations about some of the characters but the first game wasn't all sunshine and roses either and all of the main plot decisions to me felt appropriate to where the story was going.

Overall I really enjoyed it, though it did take a few days after finishing to process the different emotions, it's a jarring game mentally but for me it was rewarding.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Alex5522
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I read a lot about this game, and I shuld say, the opinion were divided. Many people enjoyed the game, other said that they were disappointed. I personally liked the story, but there are things that can't be real like a pregnant woman jumping. Also I didn't like how Abby looks like (she has a man's body, but it's only my opinion).