cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 WiFi issues

Callum090
Joining in

I've had my ps5 since launch and ever since every few days or so my connection only on the console would either cut out or go really slow. I would only notice this through extream lag in games or videos not loading in YouTube. Never a notification saying I had been disconnected. Although when I check the network settings when I have the issue it jumps between 'checking' and 'connected'.

I've split the bands to see if that helped but didn't and also factory reset the console. However what makes me believe its not agreeing with the router is that I managed to have no disconnections for about 3 months after I had forgotten the Internet from the ps5 and unplugging power from both the console and router and restarting it. Everything was fine and then one day the router went down for a minute and the day after the issue on the console came back. 

I've tried this technique again but I feel like it's not lasting as long anymore. What would people recommend I do as I believe it's a compatibility issue and not hardware issue with my console hopefully. Also I haven't got option for wired as I'm too far and have tried the boxes but they don't work either. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Callum090,

Have you tried changing the PS5 default DNS settings?

Set your primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

You could also try using the Playstation Fix and Connect tool 

Choose the right hand side option, " My online experience is poor" and answer the questions to diagnose the cause of the issue and get recommendations to improve your connection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Go modem mode, the SH range are useless at wifi gaming in router mode. Or just go WIRED.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?