Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is internet use capped or unlimited

Hello

All VM broadband packages are now unlimited and not capped. What broadband speed are you on ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that .. I registered and then thought...oh.. what is my limit and although I cannot find anywhere that states a limit sometimes that is the problem...
Also I have 180 pound allowance thing what is that for???? States I can spend it on whatever I assumed that was part of the data limit....but if not then I have no idea what I will spend that on

Thank you for your help by the way
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The limit of £180 is for extras like paying for movies, pay for view etc. There is no physical limit on how much data you can download / upload it is truly unlimited, I know a few years back VM were throttling data but that went out, have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-broadband-traffic-management-policy

"What is our traffic management policy?

Great news! After listening to your feedback, we’ve decided to stop applying traffic management to your download or upload activity. No matter which broadband service you take from us, we won’t reduce your speed. So now you can download and upload as much as you like without worrying about traffic management measures slowing you down."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is amazing thank you so much for clearing this up for me
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That is some good news. Especially for gamers like me it's very important that there's no bandwith limit or forced disconnect. Imaging you do live betting on a football team and suddenly you're disconnected. A potential nightmare 🙂

For all people who like sports betting and wondered if betting is legal in the UK: you can now inform yourself on https://www.betting.co.uk/reviews/.