Menu
DABhand
Super solver
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I was surprised with the Sony reveal...

To see a white SH2 is the new PS5.

LOL

On a serious note, it does look interesting. All ready for Xmas no price yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it hits the lofty heights of £500 or £450 without the optical drive.

But it's white! I do hope they come in different colours also.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: I was surprised with the Sony reveal...

@DABhand 

I saw quite a few comments comparing it to a white SH2 😂 even among the global audiences a few people said it looks like a router.

I think there's going to 3 colour options at launch, white, black & the Miles Morales version which is also black. It will be interesting to see what the price comes out at.

Lots of good game reveals I thought, I'm a big Horizon Zero Dawn fan so I'm pleased to see a sequel is on the way. Not sure whether it's good or bad news that GTA V will make its way to the console, I guess it means the wait will be longer for any sort of new GTA game in future.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's all about that cat game. I am looking forward to that, and that apocalyptic future title that begins with a P, forgot the name, that looks good too.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Both looked really interesting, I had no idea what was going on mind you 😄 I'm sure we'll get more details on all of the reveals in due course, but there were definitely a few games to get excited about.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B wrote:

I think there's going to 3 colour options at launch, white, black & the Miles Morales version which is also black. It will be interesting to see what the price comes out at.

An interview with Jim Ryan here:

https://www.cnet.com/news/sonys-ps5-design-is-bold-daring-and-future-facing-playstation-ceo-says/

Seems that the white and black version will be the only colour available at launch.

As long as it is stays cool when outputting 4k and I can play RDR2 and Spider-Man in peace and quiet I'll be happy in the short term while we wait for more PS5 titles.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Looking at both the PS5 and the new Xbox - the new Xbox looks like a Hub 4 and the PS5 looks like a Hub 2, however, both consoles have literally the same specs almost with the exception that Microsoft seems to have overclocked the CPU to 3.8GHz and a different take on the same AMD GPU to 12 Teraflop whilst Sony keeps their CPU at 3.5 and GPU at 10.3 Teraflop. Due to these two differences, I believe the Xbox is going to be quite more expensive than the PS5 ranging in at about 500-600.

I am interested in whether or not the Xbox Original and 360 games will be available at launch for the Series X or whether it'll be delayed for testing to ensure it doesn't have any negative side effects. Same applies to the PS5 as from what I see the only plan on backwards compatibility on the top 100 PS4 games and non-native support for PS1/2/3 titles which is disappointing.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

While there’s a couple of interesting games for me - Ratchet & Clank & Astrobot - I’ll await news of whether the PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games at least & what the cost will be.

DABhand
Super solver
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

They have confirmed that it will definitely be backwards compatible with PS4 titles.

One big major bonus is that Cyberpunk 2077 if bought on PS4, people will automatically get a PS5 version for free also. Project Red doing the right thing.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

That’s great news.
I’ve also heard a rumour the PS5 will be backwards compatable with PS1, 2 & 3 games via the cloud, I assume this will be streaming these games rather than downloading them. How this affects those who have the disc versions I don’t know but suspect they’ll be out of luck.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Anankha wrote:

That’s great news.
I’ve also heard a rumour the PS5 will be backwards compatable with PS1, 2 & 3 games via the cloud, I assume this will be streaming these games rather than downloading them. How this affects those who have the disc versions I don’t know but suspect they’ll be out of luck.

That rumour seems to be based on an old patent application that probably relates to the Playstation Now service which already provides backwards compatibility via the cloud.  A lot of people missed the date of the patent and assumed it was a new one relating to the PS5.

As long as Sony are making money with PS Now subs there is no incentive to provide PS1, 2 or 3 backwards compatibility in the PS5.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos