Menu
angelagebbie15
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin box cutting out

Hi When watching catch up during a programme it just stops and says a cable is unplugged and a fault with the box when no cables have been touched or unplugged I restart the box continue to watch then it cuts out again and then you come out of catch up and there is no tv programmes coming through and I have to restart the box again and sometimes when watching ordinary TV the programme I am watching misses out words I have unable to contact virgin be phone or chat this has been months this has gone on.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin box cutting out

Are you watching catch up on a VM TV box? If so is it a TiVo or V6 or 360? If V6 - how do you have it connected to the Hub - by ethernet cable or over wifi?

Or are you watching catch up via a Smart TV - if so how is that connected to the Hub?

Or using some other device to watch?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
angelagebbie15
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Watching on the older box Tvio all cables have not been touched since installed by virgin it has only started in the last 5 months or so

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Go round and remove the co-ax cable connections and put them all back in nice and tightly and see if that helps. The Tivo gets all its catch up via its internal modem and the co-ax - and not via the Hub (like the V6). I believe the connection is thus limited to 10Mbps - but that should be enough for most things - except perhaps 4K video streaming ? But I dont think you would get that error message for that issue - more likely a bad connection.

If its still a problem you will have to call in to see if there is a problem on the Tivo network connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos