Menu
lawsonhighgate
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

unstable internet and low bandwidth

We have upgraded to MB500 package following issues relating to unstable internet and poor bandwidth. It is still very bad. My Zoom sessions are crashing. All last week I had to revert to the telephone for my work sessions. I am a keyworker providing psychological services. This is very poor. I don't notice any improvement since the upgrade which seems to point to very poor service in our area. Everyone is complaining. Community Fiber is now providing internet and I am tempted to switch. It can't really be any worse.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unstable internet and low bandwidth

@lawsonhighgate wrote:

We have upgraded to MB500 package following issues relating to unstable internet and poor bandwidth. It is still very bad. My Zoom sessions are crashing. All last week I had to revert to the telephone for my work sessions. I am a keyworker providing psychological services. This is very poor. I don't notice any improvement since the upgrade which seems to point to very poor service in our area. Everyone is complaining. Community Fiber is now providing internet and I am tempted to switch. It can't really be any worse.

Upgrading doesn't help, it can actually make things worse as you are asking more for an already problematic service.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unstable internet and low bandwidth

Can you post some stats. Go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP address.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos