cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with connect app

fachtna
Joining in

Hi I received a hub 5 a week ago and since then I have tried to get the connect app to find it without success. I have removed it a few times now and cleared all the cache data.

The phone is connected to the hub network but can not find it.

any advice please

fachtna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fachtna
Joining in

hello Matt - thanks for your help. As I found out later sometimes the app seems to take a few days to settle in - it found our hub and all is working well. kind regards fachtna

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fachtna, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

fachtna
Joining in

hello Matt - thanks for your help. As I found out later sometimes the app seems to take a few days to settle in - it found our hub and all is working well. kind regards fachtna

Thanks for the update fachtna and glad to hear this is now working for you.

If you need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch via the forums and we'll be happy to assist.

Rob