Menu
algarve202
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

maximum devices reached

Just settled down to watch football on I player and up pops maximum devices reached ,you can change in 6 DAYS ,I i only use one device ..my computer, but when i checked my account  I had four Google Chrome which i never use to watch online tv and one microsoft edge and i cant watch anything ..can someone help please I dont fancy waiting 6 days

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: maximum devices reached

Have you tried signing out of iPlayer?
If you think someone else has access to your account change the password.
It's also simple enough to delete the account and open a new one.
M350 over FTTP
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi algarve2020,

Just the act of clearing your browser cache or cookies, or a browser update makes the app treat is a new device. A windows update had the same effect for me too. It's a shame it doesn't work on the MAC address of the device.

A member of Forum Staff may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Hi algarve2020,

Just the act of clearing your browser cache or cookies, or a browser update makes the app treat is a new device. A windows update had the same effect for me too. It's a shame it doesn't work on the MAC address of the device.

A member of Forum Staff may pick this up for you in a day or two.

That is certainly the case with the Virgin Media TV Go app, but I haven't seen any previous reports of it affecting the iPlayer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I thought that too, but the OP did say, "went to watch football on I player ...  i only use one device ..my computer,... four Google Chrome which I never use ... and one microsoft edge

hasn't Edge just been updated on Chronium engine, so maybe being picked up on TVGO as Chrome?   I can't check as my limit has been reached 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there algarve202,

I've reset the device limit for your TV Go, are you able to try it again? Please let us know if you have anymore problems so we can look deeper into this if necessary.

Thanks,

Lisa