Menu
treborsonej
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

keep loosing broadband connection at WA3 7NJ

My wife has to work from home and our broadband keeps dropping out. Why does this keep happening? last time it was 5 laps from the end of a F1 grand Prix and I missed the last 5 minutes - not acceptable when I am paying £65 a month for a premium provider!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: keep loosing broadband connection at WA3 7NJ

Firstly is the BB connection just dropping on wifi connected devices - or do those connected on ethernet cables also go down at the same time? If you dont know can you check?

Secondly, have you checked for “known network faults”? As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos