Menu
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iTunes & iphone 4S

Hi apologises again for this not being a question about VM issues. But does anyone know it if iTunes still supports iphone 4S. 
Because of the large 30GB space on it I have been using it as a music player.Up until Sept/Oct 2020 all was well and I could take music from my iTunes account to the 4S, no problem.
Now when plugged into my PC/iTunes the little phone icon it does not appear or link up to iTunes. Ideally I would go to an Apple shop and ask, but of course I can't due to CV19

Any advise would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Laurance

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: iTunes & iphone 4S

Hello

iTunes is still compatible with the iPhoine 4s, what I would do if you are having problems with iTunes would be the following -

1) Try another cable if you can get hold of one.

2) Remove iTunes from the computer and reinstall it from the Apple websiite.

3) If none of this works then it would be time to contact Apple. they are still running webchat and phone lines.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Mike that is good to know as I went to a computer "repair" shop and they told me the opposite.

I have tried both cables I have...no change.

If I remove iTunes from my computer will i loose my music library and have upload all music back to iTunes library again?

Many thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you?

Regards

Laurance

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you haven't said if you are using windows or a mac.
but if it's windows, does windows detect the phone has been connected via USB? it should do that even without itunes being open.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your response. Sorry I should have said. I'm on Windows 10 with a  5 year old Toshiba Satellite. Yes the 4S is visible on my PC when it is plugged in. 

Incidentally when I plug in my SE (1st Generation) it links up to iTunes no trouble. 

Hope to hear from U

Regards

Laurance

0 Kudos