Menu
pkelly74
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

customer contact number

what is the best number to use to contact the customer support for the technical issue?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: customer contact number

Hello

If you post what your problem is in this thread we may be able to help you.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pkelly74
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i have set my child safe settings to off but still being blocked from sites that I wouldn't rate as inappropriate for an over 18

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

So with childsafe off what error message are you getting when you try and go to the website and what websites are these.

Have restarted the device and hub after changing the settings ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pkelly74
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for getting back to me.

I get a message up saying that the filter is set to on.

Yes- i have reset it to off repeatedly and then rebooted the hub. I also get a message from VM via email to confirm the settings change. When i log into my account and check the setting is shows as off but still get blocked. Most frustrating

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried clearing the browser web "cache" or using a browser you dont ever use for them ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
pkelly74
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

will give that a try- thanks

0 Kudos
pkelly74
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

changed the browers but still the same outcome- blocked and child safe filter message 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pkelly74, thanks for your post - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Apologies also for the issue you've encountered with childsafe. Please let me check the settings from our end to see if we can identify the problem. Just look out for my Pm and get back to me with the requested info when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos