Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

copy series links has stopped working

So this is written 21/05/2020 amid the corona virus epidemic and i can't get an engineer visit.

I have a tivo box downstairs and a new v6 upstairs which are working perfectly BUT! I am in the habit of setting new series links downstairs on the tivo and then updatin the v6 box upstairs using http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/ Copy TiVo settings and this has worked perfectly for months. I noticed a few weeks ago that this no longer works and i have to set all series links TWICE, once on each box which is a pain in the neck. I've been thru the process with a nice support tech called Martin who confirmed I had done ALL i can do to diagnose and fix the problems including resetting BOTH boxes and restoring the Hub 3.0 to DEFAULT settings. Still no joy!!

any help would be very much appreciated. I've even renamed BOTH boxes to ensure communication is working and the nanes change appropriately on the web page.

HELP!!!! PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: copy series links has stopped working

Hello petelennon

Sorry to hear of the series link issues experienced with your set top boxes.

We have some helpful advice here virg.in/shareprogs in regards to sharing the programs across multiple TiVo boxes. 

We also have these helpful tips virg.in/troubleshootTV that may help resolve the issue. Please let us know.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rob. I have confirmed all settings are as they should be re power and remote control but still doesn't copy links. Is there anyway to reset the queue to see if it's stuck?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi petelennon,

Can you let me know if anything helps here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex but the short answer is no. I've used the boxswap link supplied for many months and it had worked perfectly in less than 30 minutes EVERY time until about a month ago. I noticed discrepancies between recordings between the bedroom and living room boxes some weeks ago and so did exhaustive tests using said link. EVERY time it said the instructions were successfully queued and to check back in 30 minutes, but nothing changes EVER, not once. I appreciate you have to eliminate the obvious (including user error) but I have run through this with a virgin engineer called Martin on the phone and agreed to conduct further tests. I have renamed BOTH boxes and confirmed the boxswap link sees the new names, again EVERY TIME. I have concluded that such instructions are passed via cable link as they work with the boxes DISCONNECTED from ethernet. I did this because the V6 box in the bedroom ALWAYS shows up on the local network but for some strange reason the DOWNSTAIRS TiVo box only shows up on the hubs local network list for a few minutes after connection and then disappears. I found this behaviour odd as the V6 is connected via virgin supplied power line devices BUT the TiVo box plugs straight into the hub (same result with three different Ethernet cables and ports on the hub, WEIRD OR WHAT). BOTH BOXES are assigned IP addresses via DHCP and are constantly using the same addresses 192.168.0.11 and 13. Comprehensive enough or do you need more. 😉

I am truly grateful for your attention. Many many thanks. Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi petelennon,

Sorry for the late reply with this one, been asking a few colleagues about this. 

Possibly a Home Networking issue, can you confirm if you see the Set-top-box is appearing in MyVM TV Anywhere?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Alex_Rm sorry but i dont understand your question, TV ANYWHERE is long dead. As i said in my previous reply I have logged on to the GUI interface on the Hub 3.0 and the downstairs TiVo box appears for a short while on WifI Connections but then disappears. regards Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apologies I meant TV Go. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry sir but cant find any device controls in TV GO but as stated before BOTH BOXES akways show up in TV CONTROL as stated previously as well as the web page for BOXSWAP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon petelennon,

I've had to raise an It ticket for this to be looked into. Soon as I have an u[date I'll let you know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos