Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

YouTube casting

I'm having a regular problem with my phone (Oneplus 5T) finding my Tivo box when I want to cast. Most times, it just lists the TV.

I've tried the wife's Samsung S7 - she's never used her YouTube app but the Tivo is listed three times.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube casting

Hello

I am afraid that casting from a phone to the VM Tivo isn't possible from Android or iOS you can only cast from the phone to a TV, the VM version of the Tivo software doesn't have that feature. You can cast from any device to a chromecast to get around that problem.

What version software is on the  Oneplus 5T.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

I am afraid that casting from a phone to the VM Tivo isn't possible from Android or iOS you can only cast from the phone to a TV, the VM version of the Tivo software doesn't have that feature. You can cast from any device to a chromecast to get around that problem.

Regards Mike

Well it works from my Android phone.  Both the TiVo and V6 boxes are listed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

My Tivo has - on the odd occasion - appeared on my cast list.  And, when it does connect, it's much faster than casting straight to the TV, so there's a difference.

My phone's on OxygenOS version 9.0.11.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know only YouTube can be cast to a VM box, I've done this from my Samsung Galaxy phone to my V6. There is however no point in doing this as it's easier to just use the the V6's remote.

Most people who do casting use Chromecast don't have the means to run the apps they want, usually because their STB or TV is lacking the apps, so it can be a good option to cast a supported app such as YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video or BBC iPlayer to a Chromecast device. For anyone who has a V6 most apps are available, the only big ones I can think of which are missing are Disney+, Britbox and Now TV.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection