Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

XSHCam Doorbell not pairing with my phone

Good evening

I've recently bought one of these doorbells and I've separated the broadband network and have logged into 2.4ghz, but still can't pair it with my phone.

The network name and password are correct?

I've powered it on, heard the automated message and it flashes blue, but after it gets to 100% - it fails.  Tried it a few times.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: XSHCam Doorbell not pairing with my phone

Try your phone on the 2.4 band to connect. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Like I've already said, I've tried connecting my doorbell to my phone whilst it's on the 2.4ghz network and it keeps failing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pnat38,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. 

Are you having any issues with the broadband itself?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

No my broadband is working perfectly fine and have got a wi-fi booster.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you contacted the company who manufacture the Doorbell so they can also investigate this from their side?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've tried contacting people who sell this doorbell, but they're refusing to help/advise me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pnat38, 

I've run through some checks on your account, and it's showing that some devices are connected to the wrong band.

It advised you have device(s) that are 5GHz compatible but are, or have been, connecting to the less capable 2.4GHz Network.

Devices should switch back and forth between the two networks, can you try switching some of your devices to the 5GHZ connection to then see if you can connect the doorbell to 2.4GHz?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've already tried connecting it (when the network was on both bandwidths and I had them separated) once I had it installed to be powered up to the mains.  Batteries in there at the moment, until I buy an adapter once I get paid next week.

Connected doesn't work and neither does separated.

Companies should make these items compatible with all bandwidths and then there wouldn't be all this inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, some brands do not provide instructions on how to specifically get it connected to your broadband network. Do the brand/make happen to have an online FAQ or forum page which may explain how to do this for your specific device?

We do have a gadget rescue team who you can contact over the phone which can usually help with any third party equipment as we don't have training in all specific brands. You would firstly need to contact our technical team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 2, then they should pass you over to the team. They do have a FAQ page here, however, I've had a look and I do believe even though it doesn't state so, they're able to take a look into any gadget issue you're having.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos