Menu
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 51 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows10 version1909 November update

I'm ill at the moment, so I'm not in the right frame of mind to sort stuff out.  I've had some things I need to sort out; they're done now.  I'm off back to my sick bed in a few minutes.🤒

I'm better than I was yesterday and I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 52 of 67
Flag for a moderator

@MrHalfAsleep wrote:

I'm ill at the moment, so I'm not in the right frame of mind to sort stuff out.  I've had some things I need to sort out; they're done now.  I'm off back to my sick bed in a few minutes.🤒

I'm better than I was yesterday and I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.

Sorry to hear about it.   Get well soon.    I'll just stay at least two meters away from your posts for now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 53 of 67
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6 wrote:

@MrHalfAsleep wrote:

Well just to add to that. I have been confined to house for over two months now, because of back and spinal problems I couldn't stand, sit or walk without severe pain, it has started to improve, but now I find I might have to stay at home for another three months because of Covid-19 😃

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 54 of 67
Flag for a moderator

@MrHalfAsleep wrote: I'm ill at the moment, so I'm not in the right frame of mind to sort stuff out. I've had some things I need to sort out; they're done now. I'm off back to my sick bed in a few minutes. I'm better than I was yesterday and I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.
Sorry to hear about it. Get well soon. I'll just stay at least two meters away from your posts for now

@Buffer6 wrote:

@Buffer6 wrote:

@MrHalfAsleep wrote:

Well just to add to that. I have been confined to house for over two months now, because of back and spinal problems I couldn't stand, sit or walk without severe pain, it has started to improve, but now I find I might have to stay at home for another three months because of Covid-19 😃

Thank you for your kind words.  I am now much better and have started eating food.  Dietwise it's been great having norovirus and I've lost a stone in weight without really trying.    My unemployment programme advisor suggested that I get more exercise, but I don't need to. 😁  This time of trouble is working out rather well in odd ways.  

There is stuff that concerns me on social(?) media confusing the symptoms with that of coronavirus (diarrohea and vomiting aren't symptoms of the latter).  The house has been like plague and my brother is getting over his blast of it, as  we've been socially isolating in order not to worry folk.   You're much more iller than I was, and I wish you a slow, comfortable convalescence into the next 3 months or so.  It is important not to strain oneself with work or other problems when there are videos on the tubes to watch.  This post is best viewed from 2,000,000,000 kilometers away so it can be safely unseen.

[vague techncial stuff] I did the Windows update, mentioned above, took about 20 minutes (I have really no idea if that's true) and it stopped at 74% installed for a bit.  No idea what it breaks or fixes.🙄

Normal borkedness and other whingeing about oddities will resume shortly. Clocks go forward on Sunday, so don't forget!

--
No system is 100% secure
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 55 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Cumulative update today for Windows 10 version 1909 (KB4549951) brings it up now to Build 18363.778

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 56 of 67
Flag for a moderator

2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4549951)

It's another double installer... makes you wait a bit.  Sticks a bit on 17-18% and 74% second time round.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4549951/windows-10-update-kb4549951 

--
No system is 100% secure
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 57 of 67
Flag for a moderator

I had a strange partial shutdown earlier today.  I was watching the tubes and was logged into a few other websites.  The monitor went blank, but there was no complete shutdown.  Even more odd was that the SH3 I recently acquired (legit, course) rebooted too.  I checked in event viewer which said the shutdown was unexpected.  Downloaded new graphics drivers the other day, not sure if it's that, a processor bug or something else.

https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx50&os=Windows&api=gl&D=AMD+A8-7650K+Radeon+R7%2C+10+Com... 

--
No system is 100% secure
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 58 of 67
Flag for a moderator

@MrHalfAsleep wrote:

I had a strange partial shutdown earlier today.  I was watching the tubes and was logged into a few other websites.  The monitor went blank, but there was no complete shutdown.  Even more odd was that the SH3 I recently acquired (legit, course) rebooted too.  I checked in event viewer which said the shutdown was unexpected.  Downloaded new graphics drivers the other day, not sure if it's that, a processor bug or something else.

https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx50&os=Windows&api=gl&D=AMD+A8-7650K+Radeon+R7%2C+10+Com... 

If something went wrong with the laptop/PC I don't think it would cause the hub to reboot, but if there was a mains spike/loss of power, then it might have caused the hub to loose signal, then it would have had to reboot. The same spike might have also affected your equipment causing it to partially seize.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 59 of 67
Flag for a moderator

<rant>

YouTube in Edge is borked.  

Videos now play at 1.75 speed (but not the adverts).

borkedtubes.jpg

https://news.softpedia.com/news/youtube-broken-in-latest-microsoft-edge-build-and-here-s-the-fix-527... 

When you click on the settings cog, there's just a blank box.  Doesn't inspire confidence in Microsoft.

</rant>

[edit] It seems to have sorted itself out mid rant.  My tinfoil hat isn't working.

--
No system is 100% secure
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 60 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Cumulative update today only a week since the last one, it must be getting near the next big release

Cumulative update for Windows 1909 x64 (KB4450945) brings it now up to Build 18363.815

0 Kudos