Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi and Broadband connection issues

Hi, 

Over the few weeks I have been having connectivity issues with my wifi/broadband. Connection just drops out, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes upt o an hour or more.

I have run diagnostics and nothing obvious is showing. I have factory reset my hub to see if that helps, and it doesn't.

I then ran a test for my broadband through virgin media site and it said the following.

• This issue is caused by interference on the cabling coming into your home.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at different times.
  • This is most commonly caused by loose connections plugged into your Hub.

I have checked all wired connections and they all seem to be secure..... any advice to help solve my issue would be great.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi and Broadband connection issues

@jon1davies wrote:

Hi, 

Over the few weeks I have been having connectivity issues with my wifi/broadband. Connection just drops out, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes upt o an hour or more.

I have run diagnostics and nothing obvious is showing. I have factory reset my hub to see if that helps, and it doesn't.

I then ran a test for my broadband through virgin media site and it said the following.

• This issue is caused by interference on the cabling coming into your home.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at different times.
  • This is most commonly caused by loose connections plugged into your Hub.

I have checked all wired connections and they all seem to be secure..... any advice to help solve my issue would be great.

Thanks

Jonathan

“This issue is caused by interference on the cabling coming into your home”. If the connections are tight that you have access too then the drop line to the cabinet needs checking. It could even be an SNR issue affecting other customers as well. I would give faults a call.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks