Menu
leewakeham
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Booster

Hi,

I have recently been provided a WiFi booster kit to help with my wifi conections around the house. I have had to unplug the main booster that is not connected to the hub because it feels far too hot. Is this safe to use as it feels far too hot for an electrical device that is plugged into the mains 24/7??

Kind regards,

Lee.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Booster

@leewakeham wrote:

Hi,

I have recently been provided a WiFi booster kit to help with my wifi conections around the house. I have had to unplug the main booster that is not connected to the hub because it feels far too hot. Is this safe to use as it feels far too hot for an electrical device that is plugged into the mains 24/7??

Kind regards,

Lee.

I have been using the VM provided Comtrend power line adapters for a couple of years.  The WiFi/ethernet unit does seem to run very hot to the touch, but this hasn't been an issue so far.  The unit is well ventilated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
leewakeham
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It is the bigger booster that is plugged into another room that is very hot.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@leewakeham wrote:

Thanks. It is the bigger booster that is plugged into another room that is very hot.

I understand that, it is the same for me.  I have two and they both run quite hot.

Make sure it is well ventilated, that is, not in a very enclosed space.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello leewakeham

Thanks for letting us know about this booster

Can you trial it in another plug socket for a few hours to see if it happens again 

Like the advise already it is well ventilated as well

Let me know how you get on 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos