Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why are there no good + legal sports streaming apps?

While the pirate offerings, footybite, soccerstreams.. get better and better it seems that none of the big players are capable of making a reliable and high quality streaming app.

I checked the Google play store ratings and various forums this week and all of sky, now Tv, bt, VM still seem unable to provide a trustworthy hd solution for big live soccer  games. Hundreds of one star ratings all around, and pages and pages of forum complaints

The cheap single phone only mobile app gets lots of stick, not just for streaming but for subscription hassles. The woes of accessing sky streams or bt via virgin are well documented but it seems that actual bt customers are just as unhappy..

Yet a few Google searches and an ads blocker will usually deliver a pristine hd stream to tablet or pc, for free.

Why is there no good fully legal alternative

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are there no good + legal sports streaming apps?

Amazon, GAAGO and Premier Sports are all excellent and legal.  Though you are restricted to Tennis, GAA and rugby in the main. But fine for me.

Also I find Sky Sports on iPad to be very good as well.

Now TV is OK, but suffers from the 25 FPS frame rate though picture is a very acceptable 720p. 

TV GO is the worst. Not wholly reliable and prone to maxing out devices even when making no changes.  Try to not use it, though it was fine during the week for Europa League games.

I don’t use the pirate streams anymore as I find them too stressful not knowing if the game is actually going to appear.   I am sure if I tried harder I could get them working, but I just want to turn them on and watch.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are there no good + legal sports streaming apps?

Bought the Amazon Fire TV stick to watch the 2018 US Open, worked well with 5GHz and plugged into my AVR. Same for the 2019 Miami Open, both events streamed live and exclusive to Amazon Prime subscribers. And the V6 gives me all the Sky Sports and BT Sport channels I need.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos