cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Blocked

GASKIM
Tuning in

Web site https://www.jamtec.co.uk  is no longer accessible via any of my devices connecting to my home VM Router.  I can connect through my mobile phone network and I can connect through a work laptop through my company's VPN.

This site has been accessible in the past but is no longer accessible with an error "The connection for this site is not secure" suggesting that there is a certificate problem (which I believe to be a red-herring) as other people outside of my home can access the site without issue.

I have rebooted the router several times.  I have accessed the settings of the router.  I have switched off-on-off the web safe settings.  I have added the address to the "accepted" list of web addresses on the router.  I have submitted the web address to VM themselves to add to the "accepted" list of addresses.

This web address is important to me as it also supports me email associated with this company and I am unable to send/receive emails from this JAMTEC service.  I can still send/receive my hotmail email without issue.  I can also access other websites without issue.

The VM services stopped last night and then came back again - coincidence, I don't know.

Any advice appreciated - thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

The DNS IP entries for www.jamtec.co.uk. have been removed. 

Connection to this site is going to vanish from all ISPs very soon.

Below we try a DNS lookup first with the Virgin Media DNS and then via Google Public DNS, both fail.

C:\Users\Philip>nslookup jamtec.co.uk
Server: cache1.service.virginmedia.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

Name: jamtec.co.uk    ( NO IP Returned )

C:\Users\Philip>nslookup jamtec.co.uk 8.8.8.8
Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

Name: jamtec.co.uk   ( NO IP Returned )

C:\Users\Philip>

Thank you for the DNS analysis (helps me to understand why its failing) 👍 How can this be fixed please - any suggestions?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GASKIM 

Are you sure the site is up and running?

https://whois.domaintools.com/jamtec.co.uk 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Pick up the phone to JAMTEC and let them know what you are seeing.

There may have been a recent update to the DNS records that has gone wrong.

Hopefully it is not the first signs of a company that has closed the doors.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@GASKIM wrote:

Thank you for the DNS analysis (helps me to understand why its failing) 👍 How can this be fixed please - any suggestions?

The site is working normally for me via a BT connection at the moment. From the home page ..

JAMToolkit is a third-party SAP Add-on solution that provides a collection of access design and management tools to support your design, project and operational challenges. It fully integrates with all access design strategies, supports proven project methodologies and enables operational teams to manage their business as usual objectives.

Nslookup returns
Name: jamtec.co.uk
Address: 213.168.251.122

The IP has been re-added to the Authoritative DNS & has propagated correctly.

Access to the website has been restored.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like they did a DNS update on 25 April - 

jamtec.co.uk. 86400 IN SOA ns1.uk2.fcomet.com. root.uk2.fcomet.com. 2023042504 3600 1800 1209600 86400

Are you still having issues connecting to the site?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks