cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Mail

johnspage
Tuning in

I have reason to believe there is a bug in the Virgin web mail server software.  An email with a subject line that I believe contains executable code was sent to my account.  My address book was accessed and an email was propagated to all the addresses.  I can provide a copy of the content of originating email.  The only trace in my account is a couple of entries in the trash, nothing in my inbox or sent folders.   The propagated messages do not appear to include the virus, hence it is most likely a server problem.  The subject line is as follows:

From:Subject; b=nGT+3S1AE4K7GCVKd3y4qUFJripyb6QyfxjRWSDIjii8l1PWhaLjffV6+Dy7n2zNlTOO54ZK77fSqSOjMLH5c7SH1i7p4FbrZ3b448X6Ctr4fI1kN3m4oiWv7yzYoz4AnC8rUf5y1Eka/ox9iNZnAXKPd1FLELL6Q74rJGni9LKPiUKlaUnjpQF5GHfvxR1HCSvoFASINAxoqbAnIzQpO2m8rUsvodkb6IjZddvvg4Icw7es9oYLJ/U6PV1wcVP1TbSV54z+zQGLOaF6QCwlvUC2pDUbKP7GQycpDcQ51y7qARicUZ+MzzPHsTkeTiS6aSSWKnrS4KV9JwI1Utxx7A==

I believe the object of the email was to carry out Denial of Service to [REMOVED]@rogers.com.  The offending email originated from a Yahoo account.  I have raised a complaint with Virgin Media (C-1210221276) but this may not be the route to have it investigated.  There is no longer a problem in my account apart from explaining many times that I got hacked somehow.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

0 REPLIES 0