cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP Phone

Bighac
Joining in

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so be gentle with me, I've been looking at the community, but I can't find any answers and I have called the helpline without any success.

I have the Hub 4, and my landline is connected to that. Recently I had a nasty accident, and am housebound for some time, I have been trying to work from home, and was wondering if it is possible to connect my work VoiP phone to the hub and if it would work? it has so much stored in it, would I be able to use the landline number on that phone also do Virgin offer a VoIP service without signing up for a business deal, I can't find any answers anywhere.

I thank you all in advance for your help.

regards Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Hello, we don't have a phone connected to the VM Hub Tel 1 socket.

But we have operated Cisco VOIP kit on 3 VOIP phones lines with Sipgate since 2017, these are connected to a VM Hub 3 in Router mode. They work very well and have been exceedingly reliable.

If your employer can provide a VOIP phone that will be connected to a network socket of the Hub 4, make sure you are supplied a mains power supply for the office VOIP phone. Mostly in offices the VOIP desk phones are PoE (powered over ethernet) cable, the VM Hubs can not provide PoE that a mains PSU is needed.

VM only appear to offer home users an analogue phone service via the Hub.   But there is nothing stopping you opening a VOIP account with Sipgate or Andrews & Arnold etc etc and using that with a proper VOIP phone or even an ATA. Most VOIP providers mention some tried + tested VOIP phones and ATA and include guides on how to configure them.

Very happy to discuss & wishing you a successful recovery.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Hello, we don't have a phone connected to the VM Hub Tel 1 socket.

But we have operated Cisco VOIP kit on 3 VOIP phones lines with Sipgate since 2017, these are connected to a VM Hub 3 in Router mode. They work very well and have been exceedingly reliable.

If your employer can provide a VOIP phone that will be connected to a network socket of the Hub 4, make sure you are supplied a mains power supply for the office VOIP phone. Mostly in offices the VOIP desk phones are PoE (powered over ethernet) cable, the VM Hubs can not provide PoE that a mains PSU is needed.

VM only appear to offer home users an analogue phone service via the Hub.   But there is nothing stopping you opening a VOIP account with Sipgate or Andrews & Arnold etc etc and using that with a proper VOIP phone or even an ATA. Most VOIP providers mention some tried + tested VOIP phones and ATA and include guides on how to configure them.

Very happy to discuss & wishing you a successful recovery.

Thank you for your advice and assistance, and for your kind wishes on my recovery, I will look into your suggestions.