Menu
pjgm
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgind Distribution Box

I wish to arrange to have a Distribution Box re-located in order to comply with Local Authority requirements. Would you please advise how I might contact the local Area Manager to arrange this.

Many Thanks,

PJGM

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgind Distribution Box

This section of the forum isn't generally manned by staff, so I'll ask the stuff that immediately springs to mind...

Are you in a public authority that (presumably) wants this cabinet moved? It'll be there with full permissions and is - all things considered - unlikely to be moved without exceptionally good reason. It's not uncommon for homeowners with cabinets on their boundary to ask about this, and be told (quite correctly) that it's not cheap (think 4-5digit figures quite easily) and very rarely permitted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@pjgm wrote:

I wish to arrange to have a Distribution Box re-located in order to comply with Local Authority requirements. Would you please advise how I might contact the local Area Manager to arrange this.<snip>

Are you wanting to drop a kerb to gain off-street parking on your property by any chance?

In addition to the accurate and concise advice already given by @japitts, have a look at this recent past topic which gives further info and a suggested contact route.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Moving-a-VM-Street-Cabinet/m-p/4718435

If you are willing to take a punt with the survey fee (for an outcome that is likely to be a negative or prohibitively expensive) then there does seem to be a route for this type of enquiry.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the box is sited there then it obviously had the local council permissions, as others have stated if you are a member of the public, which I suspect you are, you're better off saying so and why you want it moved.
0 Kudos