Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv tablet vmmd001 not working

My virgin tv tablet not going pass “POWERED BY ANDROID”  nothing else appears on screen. 
Any advice/help appreciated  Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv tablet vmmd001 not working

Hello

You can pop on here for more help and troubleshooting tips for your Telly Tablet. If this doesn't help you will need to contact Exertis directly by calling 01282 858460 or emailing virginsupport@exertis.co.uk

They will be happy to help further and unfortunately VM would be unable to contact them directly on your behalf. 

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv tablet vmmd001 not working

Hi macamaca,

There are 3 things you can try.

a) Perform a soft reset by pressing and holding the power button for about 10 to 20 seconds.

b) As above but hopefully you get the option to  start  'Safe mode'.
1. Press and hold the power button until a menu appears.
2. Tap and hold the Power off option until 'Reboot to safe mode' appears.
3. Tap OK. If successful, a Safe mode indicator will appear at the bottom of the screen. To exit safemode just turn off the tablet, then hopefully you can start up again as normal.

c) Try a hard reset. This is usually the failsafe option and if it doesn't work the android device is cream crackered.

1) Hold the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Keep holding the buttons until you see the android robot or the VM logo.
3. Using the volume down button, scroll down to wipe cache partition. The tablet should tell you how to select that option, generally you either have to press the on/off button  or the volume up button 

When wipe cache partition is complete. Select reboot system now.

Hopefully that helps, although it can be irritating getting the button presses just right..

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos