cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin services

zeb146
Tuning in

Having received a new tv box and router back in April I duly replaced both items in exactly the same place as the old ones - firstly the tv box cable was faulty so had no tv services for weeks until and engineer came out  - our router works(!) but our service/Wi-Fi is shockingly poorer than prior to our upgrade! I have questioned this on a few occasions and just get a generic reply on where to place the router! I have been a virgin customer for approx 18 years and am truly appalled at lack of help/available contact. On checking my contract I seem to be tied in for 18 months at a cost of £57 going up to £64 in April next year yet apparently I am now paying £66 ! How did this happen? And to top it all off I now have no email and haven’t for the past 2 days (I believe I’m not the only one) 

so I am thinking of leaving virgin now but will need to find out what that will cost me or if someone could finally give me some proper help to improve my router/Wi-Fi and get my email working maybe I’ll last the 18 months! 

Rant over, and any realistic help would be appreciated…..

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zeb16, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your services which has resulted in you thinking about leaving us. 

If we start with the email issue you are having - We apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible.

Whenever you have an issue with your services, the first thing to do is to have a look here. From that link, you'll be able to check if there's a fault in the area, test your line, replace your equipment or book an engineer visit if it's needed.

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here 👉 WiFi Help.

I know you've mentioned that the hub is in the same place as previous but it's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• > Out in the open
  • > Next to the TV not behind it
  • > Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • > Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • > Away from microwaves

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. If a WiFi Pod will help, the app will give you the option of adding this. You can view more information on that here and here

If after going through the self-checks, you still need some help, feel free to pop back to us here so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yorkist
On our wavelength

These 18 month contract are done to lock you in and ensure a higher price/income for VM for at least six months.  They are really an anti-competition device in that you lose freedom to give your custom to another provider unless you pay a ransom.  In your case around £700 if 18 months are due with the figures given.  Write to your MP with regard to this restrictive business model.