Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin messy unsafe cables and boxes

We have disconnected with virgin due to increase in cost and went with sky. I was told to return boxes and remotes to recycle! The cables and boxes attached to walls with cables for tv and broadband left behind I phoned virgin and was told not to touch myself due to health and safety and new provider will deal with it. Sky came today and laughed and said no chance we would never touch another providers cables!

phoned virgin today 1 phone call over an hour guy eventually said he was crashing and disconnected call rubbish and then I called back another hour call to be told now that we are disconnected nobody can do anything can’t send anyone out or even complain and will need to be a sparky to come out and do the work! I said due to it being electrical and health and safety this wasn’t on and there’s massive thick cables running down walls and along skirting with now nowhere to go and just hanging out on the floor. One cable is so long it’s the length of my livingroom!!! There is plastic boxes fitted to wall too with caBles running out and even power adapter and says do not tamper! There is like metal prongs sticking out and cables run from attic. This it’s totally ridiculous and unfair and now stuck to having to pay someone to come out to remove this!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin messy unsafe cables and boxes

Virgin can remove their equipment with a non fault call out charge, this is £99.

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you should be able to disconnect the internal cables at the white internal wall box. you can't remove the wall box but you can disconenct the cables

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They didn’t even offer me that they said that as we were disconnected at weekend they can’t do anything such as raise a ticket on my account! Thank you tho 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have tried with Alan key screwdriver other tools I had in toolbox to try and they are on with circle bolts most came off easy but not the last 3 why I’ve been left with these! Don’t want to go cutting or hammering box off Incase any issues with electrical wires!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

what last 3. Can you post a photo of the box. YOu should be able to remove all the cables they just screw on (or push on for the new v6)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@NadineMc0812 wrote:

We have disconnected with virgin due to increase in cost and went with sky. I was told to return boxes and remotes to recycle! The cables and boxes attached to walls with cables for tv and broadband left behind I phoned virgin and was told not to touch myself due to health and safety and new provider will deal with it. Sky came today and laughed and said no chance we would never touch another providers cables!

phoned virgin today 1 phone call over an hour guy eventually said he was crashing and disconnected call rubbish and then I called back another hour call to be told now that we are disconnected nobody can do anything can’t send anyone out or even complain and will need to be a sparky to come out and do the work! I said due to it being electrical and health and safety this wasn’t on and there’s massive thick cables running down walls and along skirting with now nowhere to go and just hanging out on the floor. One cable is so long it’s the length of my livingroom!!! There is plastic boxes fitted to wall too with caBles running out and even power adapter and says do not tamper! There is like metal prongs sticking out and cables run from attic. This it’s totally ridiculous and unfair and now stuck to having to pay someone to come out to remove this!!! 

I had a very similar issue. Left VM years ago and the brown external boxes on my house were becoming a hazard as they were on a shared entry so often got clipped by my neighbours. 

Originally rang up with no result, then posted on here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Removal-of-Virgin-boxes/td-p/4328236/page/1) and got told by other members that VM won't remove the boxes. Kept on complaining and last week an engineer turned up, asked what I wanted doing, and removed both brown boxes & cabling within about 15 minutes. The cable has been taken back right to the point at which it comes into my front garden wall, so it's no bother whatsoever. I was not charged for this.

You have trailing cables, so that in itself is a trip hazard and should be grounds for them to look into this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If they are a health & safety issue VM will remove external cables, but otherwise not.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this but they said they can’t even log complaints against my account as it’s disconnected they are totally at it!! Total joke!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hope this photo works won’t let me upload more than one photo! 

0 Kudos