Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media cable cut through

Accidentally cut through the virgin media cables in the front garden. And I cannot get hold of customer service or been able to advise we are without Internet connection.  I have called over 10 times and have been on hold of over 1hour a couple of times. I'm not sure what else I can do. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media cable cut through

@Rajmi5 wrote:

Accidentally cut through the virgin media cables in the front garden. And I cannot get hold of customer service or been able to advise we are without Internet connection.  I have called over 10 times and have been on hold of over 1hour a couple of times. I'm not sure what else I can do. 

Contact them at 8am when the lines open.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,  Will try again in the morning at 8am. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this.

In the end I still did not get through to anyone by phone in 3days of trying and holding for over 30mins to an hour. But managed to book an engineer via there online services, and was only out of Internet for 4days. 

I did receive a call back on the day the engineer was coming and more a sales pitch to refer a friend for £50. 

Anyway all done,the wire is patched up in a bright orange connection box and left unsecure placed across on the driveway and garden they did not bury the wire and I was told to do it myself. 

But thank you and I appreciate you giving me the details, I'll keep the text number for next time if needed. 

0 Kudos