Menu
clxxky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media Home line

Hi guys. So I had a self set up VM Hub in may time, I moved into a new home and had to sort out the plug etc. 

I have two ports for a home line in my home, I have tried both and none allow me to make calls.

i then did some research and it says I should connect it to the back of the hub in the ‘TEL’ point.

However, the phone I purchased Doesn’t  have the Same connecting ends so I am unable to connect them. does anyone know a phone that connects to the back of the hub or if there is anything I’m doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media Home line

EDIT - found it...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Telephone-plug-to-hub-connector/td-p/3895910

Cant be more accurate as I dont have that set up... but a similar Q was answered on one of the Fora a few weeks ago.

As I recall, - yes you need to connect your phone to the Tel point - and you need an "adapter" for the standard phone cable end and fitting the Hub to join them together. These are fairly standard now as its quite common and they are widely available on eBay/Amazon/etc for a couple of quid.  VM will supply one to

Some searching around the fora will reveal the thread with the recommendations if you need it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I believe the Amazon adapter link mentioned in the other thread is for RJ45 plug to BT telephone socket which I don't think is correct. I don't have that phone arrangement either but, from other recent threads, think it is actually RJ11 plug to BT phone socket that is required for the Hub 3.

I believe the ones marked as 'PABX' have a ringing capacitor in them for phones that need them and those marked 'Secondary' have no additional components and are just adapters. Not sure which version the Hub 3 requires.

Need one of the resident tech experts to confirm/correct the above or Forum Team to arrange for the appropriate adapter to be supplied/fitted for the OP.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK a VM person should pick this up in a day or two. Will be quicker to call in for one - although that thread said that they dont send them out - they send a tech - but this more recent one says they will.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Adapter-to-connect-landline-phone-to-new-hub-3-I-rec...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I guess the delivery option may be more likely in the new-normal of the post-coronavirus world.

If the OP hasn't actually used the phone though since it was set up in May, then s/he will also need to confirm that the telephone service is actually enabled and running on the hub, otherwise the adapter on its own won't be much use.

0 Kudos
clxxky
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well I hope it works as I have now already ordered it😕

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@clxxky wrote:

Well I hope it works as I have now already ordered it😕

If you have ordered the rj45 adapter linked in the second post it won't work.  Cancel the order.  The Hub phone sockets are RJ11, order one of those instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
clxxky
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are VM still sending these plugs out to people if requested?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@clxxky wrote:

Are VM still sending these plugs out to people if requested?

I don't know the answer.  You will either have to wait for a VM Forum Team response, or call into the support lines, be aware these are restricted whilst overseas call centres are closed.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi clxxky

Thanks for your post.

I've emailed the field manager for your area, regarding the best way to get this sorted. We'll be in touch soon when we know more.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos