Menu
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media Connect app

Can someone help me out please   ? I have the Virgin Media Connect app installed on my Galaxy S8 mobile  , but it refuses to accept my username and password when i try to log in and use the Broadband scanner on it , very frustrating and no sense from the Virgin chat facility on the app , any suggestions gratefully received thanks. 

Brucie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media Connect app

Hi Brucie, 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the app.

Can you try and enter the details manually to set this up, see what happens?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean manually   ? Sorry im not too technically adept i trust the apps etc to do what they say on the tin , i open the app on my phone and put my username and password in myself and then it says it doesn't recognise it which as i said previously is frustrating  .

Brucie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brucie,

Have you been able to try logging into your online account with the same details?  My Virgin Media

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes i can log in to my account on the Virgin website and activate my details including my mobile account  , plus on my laptop watching TV on the Go with identical log in details  , that's why I'm frustrated with the app denying me access 

Brucie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to advise of the exact error message that you receive?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It says : please enter your username it will be an email address  , i have entered my email address correctly which has never changed over the years  , very frustrating 

Brucie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you been able to try uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Is it an email address provided by us? Are you able to advise of the domain of your email address? (just the part of the address after the @) Have you been able to double check there are no spaces in the box where you've entered the email address, particularly before or after the address?

Do you have any other devices you're able to try it on to see whether you experience the same issue?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes have uninstalled and reinstalled , my email is [Mod Edit - Removed personal details]  , i have had this address and used it for years  , occasionally a website will not recognise it and i switch to a Gmail account i have but it is annoying and frustrating. 

Brucie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Brucie,

Unfortunately we can't accept full addresses for personal email accounts as we want to do our best to protect people's personal details.
I'm going to drop you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos